Lake Powell is another fantastic site to see in Arizona/Utah. There is plenty to do: chilling by the beach (which we mastered by the end of the day), fishing, boating, water skiing, jetskiing and camping.
We had to walk down to the lake from an upper rest stop area because the drive gets a little rough closer to the beach. It is very sandy and bumpy so we didn’t want to risk getting stuck in the sand. Of course, it is nothing for the RV’s, jeeps, and trucks, but good old Frosty (name of Ben’s car) might not take that challenge too well.
It is a wonderful camp site! When we got there, there were bunch of RV’s lining up on the beach…some of them even had a little rock garden in front of them, showing that they probably have been there for a while…
We got very lucky with the weather, it was around 80 degrees that day:
Nice to have a Lifeproof case for my iPhone so I got to use it in the water too…too bad that the under water photos didn’t turn out well this time 😦
Fun Facts about Lake Powell:
- Man-made lake, was created by the Glen Canyon Dam
- It is gigantic, 245.1 mi2 (634 km2)
- Apparently about 2 million people visit Lake Powell every year
- Has as much shoreline than the West Coast of the USA !!!!!!!!!!!
- Lake Powell has been used as the setting in movies, such as Gravity with Sandra Bullock (you can find a list of movies here that Lake Powell was in)
Anyhow, Lake Powell is awesome, if you get a chance, you should go and check it out! Don’t spend years in Arizona/Utah without seeing it…I am definitely guilty of that.